Willona needed to be one of the most gorgeous Black girls on tactics out of Chi town, however in real world DuBois try “bad” in every part of recreation.
She first started her community toward Broadway starring alongside the wants off Sammy Davis, Jr. and you may Louis Gossett, Jr. during the “Wonderful Child.”
5) BernNadette Stanis-Definitely, Thelma regarding escort sites Fullerton CA “Happy times” is one of the most breathtaking Black colored women of your seventies. Actually, she is exactly as gorgeous in 2014 just like the she was in 1974, in the event that show debuted.
She embodied the character of Thelma during the real-world, demonstrating you to young Black colored people throughout the ghetto got sophistication, attraction, fantasies and you will intelligence.
The fresh Brooklyn. Letter.Y. local acquired a Bachelors degree from inside the Drama off Julliard, and you can she actually is nonetheless putting one knowledge in order to a have fun with, lately starring from the 2010 flick “N-Secure” starring Nephew Tommy off “The newest Steve Harvey Morning Tell you.”
4) Lola Falana-Pupils may not recall the term, however, Lola Falana is definitely one of the very most stunning black females of seventies.
“The initial Females out of Las vegas” turned children identity immediately after starring opposite Sammy Davis, Jr. inside the “Fantastic Man” into the Broadway when you look at the 1964. Then breakout role, this lady whom slept inside train station as a teenager never ever had to endeavor once more financially, to be the highest paid off Vegas performer during the 1979.
Falana turned into understood from inside the Vegas for her silk light night dress and her trademark song, “Whatever Lola Desires, Lola Will get.”
3) Jayne Kennedy-Somebody gorgeous adequate to enjoys its face covered to have $one million, is really worth getting titled probably one of the most beautiful Black ladies of one’s 1970s or people a decade.
In 1970, Kennedy became the original Black colored lady is entitled Skip Kansas Us, at some point becoming among 10 semifinalists for the Miss U . s . pageant.
If that wasn’t sufficient, Kennedy went on to-break barriers by are one of the primary women sportscasters which have “The fresh new NFL Now” into the 1978.
On top of that, she made their draw inside the pretending, looking into the legendary television shows of your own 70s such as “That’s My Mother,” “Sanford and you will Man,” “Kojak” and you can “Starsky and Hutch.”
Kennedy try therefore glamorous one to even Hugh Hefner had to recognize her charm, while making their the first Black colored celebrity in order to ever show up on the brand new safeguards away from Playboy .
2) Pam Grier-If the she’s perhaps not the most beautiful Black girl of the 70s, the first “Foxy Brownish” is however the latest sexiest.
The newest queen of your own Blaxploitation time is over meets new eye. Sure, she turned into iconic having roles in the “Coffy,” “Black Mama, Light Mom” and you may “Sheba, Baby” but this woman is the newest epitome regarding power and you will work.
From inside the 1988, Grier try clinically determined to have cancer and you may considering 18 months to reside. More than 25 years later on, she’s still and work out swells inside the Hollywood which have opportunities inside “The new L Phrase,” “The person on Metal Fists” and you will “Simply Wright.”
Although of one’s stunning Black girls from 1970s video fell of the wayside, Grier enjoys reinvented by herself to possess a completely brand new generation off admirers.
1) Beverly Johnson-Although 1990’s infants remember their since Martin Payne’s sexy elementary schoolteacher Ms. Trinidad within the “Martin,” visitor jobs toward sitcoms do not even begin to determine the fresh new requirement for Royal Magazine’s selection so you’re able to best the menu of beautiful Black colored girls of 70s.